Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our organization. Should you wish to join our organization as a volunteer, you will be joining a team of over 150 volunteers who assist our clients to live independently and with dignity in our community.
All volunteers are subject to an application and screening process. Please phone our office, or use our contact form if you have any questions or would like to initiate the application process for volunteering.
We accept volunteers in the following programs:
Front Desk Receptionist
Assist with front office reception. Flexible 4 hour shifts available, Monday through Friday.
- Transport clients to medical appointments, social engagements, and to do shopping / errands. A mileage reimbursement is offered.
- Pay a friendly visit to a client in his or her home. Be there to talk, listen, participate in activities, and provide companionship to someone in your community who may not be able to get out to socialize.
- Complete home repairs, major housecleaning, and general home maintenance tasks for clients in need. You may arrange a fee for your services directly with the client.
Meals on Wheels
- Deliver meals and spend a few minutes providing a safety check to clients in the Meals on Wheels program.
- Attend one of our Diner's Club luncheons to help serve our clients a nutritious meal.
Forever Fit, Exercise Classes for Seniors
- Instruct a fitness class for seniors. We will send you to training at the Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging in London where you will learn Senior Fitness instruction.
- Help run BINGO sessions at JACKPOT CITY in Sarnia. Each shift is only 2 hours long and provides funding through the Bingo to Lambton Elderly Outreach